Hi, I'm Kara.
I'm a self-proclaimed night owl, lover of all things balanced and beautiful (any Libras in the house), Mom of 2 amazing daughters, wife to a perfectionist husband (anybody married to a military alpha male) and the yin to my yang, and Fur-baby Mom to my writing partner Winter - see her bio below!
Here's my professional credentials for the left-brained folks, or those like me that are bit more curious:
- Founder and CEO of A Platinum Resume, LLC and A Platinum Resume Career Academy
- 4X-Certified Professional Resume Writer
- 20-year career background in federal government, civilian, and corporate positions
- Master of Arts Degree in Organizational Management; a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration with a minor in Psychology
- Certified Trainer, LinkedIn Profile Writer, Author, Speaker, and Workshop Facilitator
- Federal Service Retiree
- Army Brat (My dad served 23 years) and was honored with a Purple Heart
The short version of my journey here:
After being sick and tired of being sick and tired on the 'job hamster wheel' - running all day long to balance my career, 2 kids 6 and under, and life as a military spouse, I built a thriving business and gained MY life and MY time back, and I broke away from a 'fixed salary' to unlimited income potential.
I have built a consistent 6-figure business that I absolutely love and felt the calling to teach anyone who is looking for more!
Check out below a few things that you probably couldn't care less to know about me - but may find interesting.
My Business Motto is:
Keep it Simple & Fun & Learn Together
Build a business that you LOVE!
Meet Winter -
My Writing Partner
Winter is a miniature schnauzer mix, she's almost 3 years old. Winter loves white cheddar popcorn, being included in absolutely everything, rolling around in fresh cut grass under the Colorado sunshine, feeling the breeze through her ears, and prancing around in snow.
A FEW THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW, YOU NEVER WANTED TO KNOW, ABOUT ME
- My current addiction is Outlander on Netflix
- Almost anything Housewives
- Jack Ryan
- Reign (my daughter and I are binge watching it AGAIN this summer)
- Thai Food (enough said)
- Steak & baked potato w/salad
- Homestyle Popcorn with butter and Parmesan Cheese
- Chocolate Cake
- Henry Weinhard's Rootbeer
- Basalmic Chicken
- Large Green Grapes
What we do for fun:
- Family Movie Night (last one was Hamilton)
- Backyard BBQs
- Family Vacations
- Playing Bingo, Uno & Clue
- Christmas (enough said)
- Crafts & Painting
- Shopping (Mall or Amazon)